Board of Directors
John P. Strauss
Chair, Board of Directors
Pioneering company builder in technology commercialization at all stages from start-up to IPO. Co-founded, built and supported companies in a dozen countries across three continents. John’s professional focus for more than four decades has been on the software, services, hardware, real estate, energy and environmental markets. John was MOCA’s largest commercial client before joining MOCA’s board in 2007. John was a founding fellow with the New England Clean Energy Counsel.
- Co-Founder, Director, Fluor Daniel GTI, Inc. (formerly Groundwater Technology, Inc.)
- Co-founder, Director, 7000 Languages (7000.org)
- Advisor/Investor/Mentor Techstars and GAN Startup networks
- CEO, Teledyne ODI (formerly Ocean Design, Inc.)
Hon. Stephen T. Ayers, FAIA, CCM, LEED AP
Stephen brings decades of leadership experience in the AEC industry. From serving as a military officer in the 6510th Civil Engineering Squadron at Edwards Air Force Base in California and as the European construction manager for the Voice of America, to working his way up the ranks of the Architect of the Capitol agency to being appointed by the President of the United States and confirmed by the U.S. Senate to become its head in 2007, Stephen has brought exemplary leadership to public service and has made significant contributions to the design and construction industry.
- 11th Architect of the Capitol, Architect of the Capitol
- Deputy Architect and Chief Operating Officer, Architect of the Capitol
- European Construction Manager, Voice of America
- Military Officer, Architect, 6510th Civil Engineering Squadron
Beverly Bruce has served as a Board Director since July 2008. Beverly is an experienced executive who has logged a successful record of achievement within the technology industry for more than 30 years. Her core competency has been to move companies to new innovative business models and lead the execution of these strategies, including the establishment of IBM’s software channel strategy in the early 1990s and the establishment of the industry’s first family of managed web hosting services at Exodus Communications. She has led acquisitions of multiple companies and has served on numerous public and private boards. She graduated from LadyCliff College in Chemistry/Biology and from the Columbia Graduate School of Business in the executive program. She currently serves on the boards of the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at St. Anselm College and the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center in Concord, NH.
- Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Exodus Communications
- President, The Bruce Group, Advisory & Consulting engagements with Hewlett-Packard, BMC, Data General and several emerging software startups
- Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Ingres
- U.S. Director Software Marketing, IBM
Walter A. Winshall
Walter A. Winshall has been a private investor in a large number of companies seeking to commercialize new technology. He has been engaged in this activity continuously since 1970, except for the period of 1975-1995, when he was a principal and held various management roles in a software company that provided information products and services for libraries. The company, SilverPlatter International, NV, was acquired by the Dutch publishing company Wolters Kluwer in 2001. He graduated from MIT in electrical engineering and from the Harvard Law School.
Michael N. Carr
President of Software Division
Michael is president of Touchplan and a co-founder of MOCA Systems. He holds a Master’s degree in civil engineering from MIT, specializing in construction management and a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the University of Alberta. Michael brings 20 years of construction management experience and significant expertise in project controls, primarily for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the U.S. Air Force Civil Engineering Center, and the U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Command. Prior to launching Touchplan, he served in multiple leadership and operational roles within MOCA Systems providing construction management services to owners.
- President of Touchplan
- Vice President and COO, MOCA Systems; responsible for standing up branch offices and tripling the company headcount
- Senior Project Manager, MOCA Systems
- Project Manager, MOCA Systems
- Co-founder of MOCA; co-inventor of MOCABuild construction simulation technology
- Project Engineer, Sellen Construction
Sandy Hamby, FCMAA, CCM, AIA
President of MOCA, Services Division
Sandy has served as an architect with a heart for construction management for the U.S. Air Force, 3DI, Carter Burgess, Jacobs and finally for MOCA. She has over 30 years of experience in the field of construction management and focuses her time on revolutionizing project delivery through MOCA’s collaboration services enabling effective planning by design and construction teams. These services capture and align client expectations with qualitative and quantitative requirements such as scope, quality, budget and schedule. Sandy earned her Architect’s license from the State of Texas and her Certified Construction Manager designation through CMAA. In 2018, Sandy was inducted into the Construction Management College of Fellows. Sandy has served as Vice Chair of the Construction Management Association of America’s National Board and served in all positions within the Board of Directors for the South Central Texas Regional CMAA Chapter. Sandy received a Bachelor of Architecture degree from The University of Oklahoma.
- President, MOCA
- Vice Chair, Board of Directors, Construction Management Association of America
- Fellow, Construction Management Association of America College of Fellows