Granite School District, the third largest district in Utah, operates 63 elementary schools, 16 junior high schools, 8 high schools. The district boundary encompasses 257 square miles. Using MOCAPlan, we incorporated systems life-cycle modeling to identify existing deferred maintenance and predict funding requirements for capital renewal. The team is identifying and documenting the estimated renovation costs/replacement costs, associated with current and deferred requirements, playground safety audit as well as educational adequacy deficiencies. We performed the following tasks to accomplish the assessment:
- Development of a Facilities Master Plan software system based on FCI ratings.
- Set up the Granite School District Systems and website development.
- FCI System organized based on the construction industries UNIFORMAT structure.
- Systems include requirement index and renewal forecast with the ability to sort by year and school.
- Provide remote software to allow assessors to collect the facility data using an iPad or equivalent devices.